Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday High Five

It's been a couple of weeks since my last Friday faves list, and I've had a birthday in between, so here's a catch up.

1. Sparkly, sequined mini-dresses - I wore a black and gold one to my party. Lots of fun, and made me feel like a teenager again...critical when you're approaching 30, I say.



Thanks Intheircloset.com for the pics of this dress by Balmain.


2. Bobbi Brown Extra Balm Rinse - this is the best cleanser I've ever used. It makes your skin feel like you've had a facial before bed. One of my favourite birthday presents.



3. 'Long Road (Tribute to Heroes)' by Eddie Vedder and Neil Young - a song they performed after the 9/11 tragedy. It's old now, but it's still beautiful.




4. The Codfather in Morningside - I had a belated birthday dinner with my Dad in JHB on Monday night. We had a great evening, and delicious fish (you pick your cut and pay per weight) at this cosy spot in the Codfather Village off Rivonia Road. Amazingly, their stock seems to be as fresh as it is at its coastal sister restaurant in Camps Bay.



5. Handwritten letters and long messages in birthday cards - this is the part I love most about birthdays. Better than an sms or Facebook message any day. I really appreciate the effort that goes into writing a birthday wish that will be sent via snail mail - it feels more personal somehow, and a reminder to me that I should do it more often for my loved ones.




Enjoy your weekend, and if it's your birthday, have a great one!

Honey Child

No comments:

Post a Comment