Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Why holidays help

I recently returned home from an incredible holiday in Europe, and it’s been an eye-opener to realise that an extended break from home, work and your normal routine is essential every now and then. Not only do I feel relaxed, rested and ready to take on the rest of the year with energy, I feel that my trip required me to challenge different aspects of myself which naturally become lazy when you are stuck in a familiar routine.

Communicating with people who speak different languages, eating new food and seeing places I’d - at a maximum – only ever read about was so stimulating. Spending time with my husband and his family who I don’t see often put into a different perspective what’s really important to me.

What was most amusing, and comforting, to note was that a couple of weeks away from the real world doesn’t make a scrap of difference in the long term to your colleagues, your friends, or anyone else who you think may struggle without you. So I’m resolving to take holidays more often, and not to feel guilty about doing it! You only live once, and the occasional break helps you perform better in the long run.

HoneyChild

No comments:

Post a Comment