Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Feeling a bit flat

Phew - I'm feeling very pregnant this week. So tired in the mornings, I struggle to function before I've had a cup of coffee. My gynae has said 2 cups a day are ok, thank goodness. My breasts seem to be growing every day, and they really are big now. I'm not able to run comfortably due to their size, so walking is the way forward for me when I can muster the energy. A little bit of exercise most days of the week is a must, I'm finding.

I haven't had to struggle with vomiting (apart from once last Friday), but I am realising that I do have what they call morning sickness. It's not rampant nausea but I am definitely not enjoying the thought of food and don't have a taste for anything really. I can manage very bland stuff like toast, smooth yoghurt, cottage cheese, plain mozzarella, tomato, apples - but almost everything is a little off-putting right now, especially rich, fatty food, red meat and certain textures like chunky vegetables or soft fruit.

Apart from my expanding bust, I am actually not gaining weight or showing any remote signs of a bump. If anything, the fact that I've cut out alcohol and am perhaps consuming less (or less fatty things) has led to some weight loss - around 1.5kg since I fell pregnant, I estimate - with my weight not hovering much above 60.5kg on the scales regardless of what I eat. My tummy is pretty flat, although my waist seems to be changing shape somehow. But everything else is the same or smaller. The gynae was not phased about gain or loss at my first appointment, but I suppose eventually it will happen naturally. Hoping to keep my pregnancy weight down to a comfortable level and not gain more than about 10-11kg if possible, but we'll see how that goes.

My body is clever and is giving me good signals that all is well, so I will continue to trust and honour those.

HoneyChild

No comments:

Post a Comment