Thursday, February 24, 2011

The end xxx

I started this web diary a year ago because I needed to get clear on a lot of things, and I think better when I write. The impetus to start journalling again after many years was an awful incident at the end of February last year. The event left me shaken and raw, and realising that I needed to take a long hard look at myself. I've by no means solved every problem or straightened out every aspect of my life, but I definitely feel like I've grown up in the last year.

I'm maturing as a new wife and I have a settled and happy marriage. I've toned down a few of my bad habits and am more aware of how I show up in my relationships and socially. I've gone through a series of coaching and mentoring sessions, which have helped me enormously. After months and months of soul searching I've finally taken the leap and left a company that I've loved but which has been holding me back professionally and personally. And I'm trying to be more honest with myself. Which is probably the most important thing of all.

Standing on the brink of a new phase of my life, I can't help but think that keeping an online diary has helped move me forward on a positive new trajectory. At this juncture, it's time to close the HoneyChid blog - I'm ready to start a new chapter, and in a brand new shiny journal...

Bye for now.

HoneyChild

No comments:

Post a Comment