Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The importance of things

I have definitely always placed far more importance on people than things. My relationships mean more to me than my possessions, as a rule. I’m sure that’s true for many people, but I feel strongly that I would sacrifice material things (don't need no weekly shopping sprees) for a loving partner, close friends and a harmonious family and work life. Until yesterday, when I lost my wedding rings.

I realised fully for the first time that the emotional value I place in my relationship is represented by my engagement and wedding bands. I cried with relief when I found them, but the message has hit home hard. Now I know for sure that I am tied to my husband, with every heart string. The fear that I had lost even the symbol of our marriage (so easily replaceable, in reality) was almost too much to bear. It’s reminded me really to treasure our relationship too. That’s the real thing.

HoneyChild

No comments:

Post a Comment