Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Body talk

Well, it's been 5 months since I returned from honeymoon and I've put on 2-3 kg. Not too bad, I guess, considering I lost some weight from exercising a lot, not eating much and feeling pretty strained before the wedding. But I'm feeling a little uncomfortable in my clothes after the Easter weekend and think it's time for some discipline. Eat less, run more. Or my preferred variation: less lunches, more lunges. Should be back on track by my birthday in June.

Wondering if I should try supplements again. They have been helpful in the past, but can be so expensive. The last time I used them I decided they would only be a weight maintenance aid, not a weight loss tool, and I think that's a good principle. The real work should be done by me, and I do not want to become reliant on anything unsustainable. The beauty of reaching your late 20s is that you realise your body is pretty stable - you don't need to starve yourself or exercise 5 times a week to maintain your fitness and figure. I mean, who can realistically juggle that kind of body pressure once you start having kids and juggling a family with work etc? Again, that would be unsustainable - for me, at least.

On the other hand, you can't only eat junk, drink too much and sit on your butt either, and I've done a fair bit of all of those things in recent months. So I'm cool with that. It's normal and healthy, not obsessive, not lazy. I look forward to a little, private health kick as autumn approaches.
Delicious
Bookmark this on Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment