Tuesday, April 20, 2010

S.A.D.ness

Feel flat. Moody. No energy. Want to eat, not move. Can hardly string a sentence. Together. Hate this weather.

I know that I experience a form of Seasonal Affective Disorder every autumn leading into winter. I realised how much I rely on the sun to keep me buoyant when I moved back to South Africa after many years at boarding school in England. I discovered that the great summers in Cape Town could keep me happy for several months of the year, but even so, the change of season and the onset of Cape winter rain (combined with thought of the looming exam period as a student) have always managed to get me down.

And the wintry weather we’ve had for the last two days seems to have brought on the S.A.D. again. R pointed it out to me last night – he hates this time of year too, but only because of what it does to me. He gets excited about red wine and weekends away without cricket commitments. I get irritable, depressed and painful to live with. Oh dear, I’ve got to find a way to overcome my urge to stay in bed all day and hide from the world when I’m feeling like this. So lifeless. Any suggestions?

HoneyChild
Delicious
Bookmark this on Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment