Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday High Five

Winter is all about hot meals, hot baths and reading next to the fire. (I tell myself these things to keep myself from crawling into bed and staying there until October.) This week I'm loving...

1. Wingback chairs - we've just bought a new cream one for our living room. The design is so comfortable for reading.


This is the Monster Skin chair by Joshua Ben Longo.


2. Shows at the Fugard - I watched London Road last week and R saw Arno Carstens playing there on Wednesday. Both great shows, and the atmosphere in the theatre is intimate and cosy.




3. Woolworths Moroccan chicken and chickpea soup - this is the best store-bought soup (and canned, nogal) I've ever tasted. It's full of delicious slow-cooked chicken with a tomato base and hints of apricot.


4. Badedas - the most luxurious and soothing bubble bath in creation, surely?



5. Cola Tonic and Lemonade - yes, it's old school. But it's also delicious and proudly South African.



There's even a Facebook group devoted to it- thanks for the picture.

Enjoy the weekend.


HoneyChild

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm going to try that soup! I wish a little cold weather would come here. That chair is also lovely!

    ReplyDelete