Thursday, May 27, 2010

My (unintentionally blue) Friday High Five

Word. Here are the things I've been enjoying this week:

1. Florence and the Machine - I love lead singer Florence Welch's voice, and have had their recent single 'Dog Days' on the brain since Tuesday.

Here's their video of 'You've Got the Love' - a cover of an old favourite by Candi Staton. It makes me feel like an angsty 15-year-old again.




2. The huge vuvuzela that's been constructed by Hyundai on an unfinished bridge near the N2 in Cape Town. A cool publicity idea.



Thanks to Between10and5 for this pic.


3. Blueberry or raspberry and white chocolate muffins - pure decadence, 100% balanced out by the healthy antioxidants from the berries of course. I love the gorgeous autumnal look of these muffins.



Here's a recipe for you.


4. Mini dresses in dramatic colours - how's this teal one that Blake Lively wore recently?



(Via StyleScoop.)


5. Stormers vs Bulls in the Super 14 Final... at Orlando stadium. I think it's brilliant, and a timeous nation-builder so close to the World Cup. This photo from last weekend's game made me smile.




Here we go Stormers.

HoneyChild

2 comments:

  1. That Vuvu is crazy but kinda cool! Hope you're well hun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren - all's well in Cape Town. Enjoyed your photos of Durbs!

    ReplyDelete