Monday, May 3, 2010

Taking stock

I really messed up on Saturday and I feel awful about it. I went to a wedding and got very under the weather. One shooter turned into several and the next thing I knew it was all overs. R had to take me home early and miss out on the whole party - it was his friend getting married, and he was still cross about it last night. This has happened way too often in recent months and I was reminded again that I have to take it easy on the booze. I actually have to lay off it entirely for a while. I'm just not reacting well to it, and it's having a seriously negative effect on my relationship. It's not that I'm addicted to it, I just love having a good time but my body isn't handling alcohol like it did when I was younger. It's not ok to get so out of control anymore. I'm married.

So here we go. Cold turkey til my birthday next month ladies and gents. This should be interesting.

HoneyChild

No comments:

Post a Comment