Thursday, May 13, 2010

Telling stories

I had lunch yesterday with someone who encouraged me to submit a short story for the SA PEN competition. And I think I’m going to do it. I’ve mentioned before that I loved creative writing when I was younger, but my work now requires me to write very differently. This blog has allowed me to start expressing myself more honestly, but I still miss writing stories. I think I’m ready to give it a bash again.

Now…the decision about what to write. The story has to be 3000-5000 words. I wonder if I’ll get to 1500! I feel excited about the challenge, and look forward to starting the creative process. I think I’ll write about a single day in the life of someone. A day when something important happens.

Any comments or ideas?


HoneyChild

No comments:

Post a Comment